“God’s Work, Our Hands” will be starting October 14. The social ministry has arranged a number of activities for all ages to participate in. These are some wonderful opportunities for us to be of service locally, in our own communities.
1) In church activity, between services, we are going to be collecting items for the In Home-Care services of Ascentria Care Alliance. In Home-Care services approximately 400 home-bound NH residents state wide. The typical client is in their 60’s and female.
We will be posting lists out in the Gathering Area and we ask that you take one and purchase any item s you would like to donate. On God’s Work Our Hands Sunday, the children will be decorating the bags and we envision the adults putting together the packets. This should be so much fun for all.
Here are some ideas of that we are looking for as suggested by the people who work with the in home client:
- Adult Coloring Books with crayons or colored pencils.
- Paint by numbers
- Reading books, large print
- Cross stitch kits, jewelry king or other activity kits
- Yarn or crochet baskets
- Holiday decoration making kits
- Airplane models
- Card Games
- Cooking Kits
- Scrapbooking supplies
- Small games, word find, or puzzle books.
We are sure you can think of additional items that would be appreciated. Please bring in items by Sunday, October 7.
2) Singing, along with bingo, prizes and more at the Pines Nursing Home in Newmarket. The signup sheet is for singing or making cookies, or both, for our senior friends!
3) Town of Kittery Community Center. We will be spreading woodchips in the playground area to enhance safety for the kids. Four to eight people. We will need 2-3 wheelbarrows and shovels and a tarp. Please sign up and indicate if you are able to bring tools.
4) We are attempting to attempting to schedule one or two additional projects., so stay tuned! All of the activities except the first, will begin at 2 pm on Sunday October 14.
God’s Work Our Hands!
Ron Indorf For the Social Ministry team.