Adult forums: March 3, March 17, April 7 (Additional as needed)
We will learn from each other on questions such as:
- "Why does God sometimes seem silent? our prayers half-hearted and seemingly unanswered? our doubts large and challenging?" (A common condition that the Christian mystics called the 'dark night of the soul.)
- "What might it mean to be a ‘practicing Christian’ while not always a (fully) 'believing one'?”
- “Can we have large doubts yet still act with conviction?”
- “How might practices help us deal honestly with the ups and downs of faith?”
- “When faith seems weak, how does hope step in?”
Mark Edwards and Pastor Tim will pose questions and offer background, but the adult forum will depend largely on candid and considerate conversation among the participants.