Confirmation Sunday is October 28 at 11:00 AM. Several of our confirmands will each make public confession of their faith. We are so excited to celebrate the good things God is doing in them.
Christmas may seem like a long way off, but it’s not if you are coordinating the Christmas Care packages for our college students. We need to begin now by gathering the names and mailing addresses of your college or grad students. Please send that information by October 26 to Pat Woollett at email@example.com or call her at 603-942-7556. Include your name and phone number in case we need to clarify any information with you. Collecting this information now will help us to determine when we need to ship packages; how many boxes we need to order; etc. Information on how you can help fill these care packages will follow in the weeks to come.
The BGLibrary now subscribes to Gather, the official magazine of the Women of the ELCA. Six copies are available each month. Gather is full of interesting articles, devotional materials, and stories of personal faith. Take a copy home, read, and return for the next reader when you are finished.
We are looking for additional people to help staff our Wiggle Room on Sunday mornings. The pay is $15 per hour. If you are at least 14 years old and are interested in the position of if you have any questions, contact the church office.
New Grounds Coffee House will be on Friday, October 19 at 6:00 PM. All are welcome to come and enjoy some refreshments and local bands!
Movie Night is on Thursday, October 18 at 7 PM in the upstairs lounge. This month’s movie is “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?”, a documentary about the life and legacy of Fred Rogers, the beloved host of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood.
“God’s Work, Our Hands” will be starting October 14. The social ministry has arranged a number of activities for all ages to participate in. These are some wonderful opportunities for us to be of service locally, in our own communities.
1) In church activity, between services, we are going to be collecting items for the In Home-Care services of Ascentria Care Alliance. In Home-Care services approximately 400 home-bound NH residents state wide. The typical client is in their 60’s and female.
We will be posting lists out in the Gathering Area and we ask that you take one and purchase any item s you would like to donate. On God’s Work Our Hands Sunday, the children will be decorating the bags and we envision the adults putting together the packets. This should be so much fun for all.
Here are some ideas of that we are looking for as suggested by the people who work with the in home client:
- Adult Coloring Books with crayons or colored pencils.
- Paint by numbers
- Reading books, large print
- Cross stitch kits, jewelry king or other activity kits
- Yarn or crochet baskets
- Holiday decoration making kits
- Airplane models
- Card Games
- Cooking Kits
- Scrapbooking supplies
- Small games, word find, or puzzle books.
We are sure you can think of additional items that would be appreciated. Please bring in items by Sunday, October 7.
2) Singing, along with bingo, prizes and more at the Pines Nursing Home in Newmarket. The signup sheet is for singing or making cookies, or both, for our senior friends!
3) Town of Kittery Community Center. We will be spreading woodchips in the playground area to enhance safety for the kids. Four to eight people. We will need 2-3 wheelbarrows and shovels and a tarp. Please sign up and indicate if you are able to bring tools.
4) We are attempting to attempting to schedule one or two additional projects., so stay tuned! All of the activities except the first, will begin at 2 pm on Sunday October 14.
God’s Work Our Hands!
Ron Indorf For the Social Ministry team.
Lauren Gianino will host a ministry discussion on End 68 Hours of Hunger on Sunday, October 7 between services. End 68 Hours of Hunger is a non-profit effort that addresses the 68 hours of hunger some children experience at home on the weekends between schooldays.
We are looking for more volunteers to serve on Altar Guild. Please contact the Church Office if you are interested.